Why use Vicidial for your call centre system?
So why use Vicidial? Vicidial is the most popular open source call centre solution in the world, with over 14,000 installations in over 100 countries. Vicidial is THE open source call centre solution project. This means it is supported and developed by a wealth of knowledgable and talented people. This pool of talent ensures that ViciDial is at the bleeding edge of call centre solutions and incredibly secure.
What’s more, Vicidial is the highest-rated call centre software. Just have a look at the Vicidial reviews on the Capterra website and you’ll see why it’s so popular.
As an open-source call centre solution, the costs are massively lower. Savings of hundreds of thousands of pounds are not uncommon when using Vicidial over a conventional, proprietary call centre system. As an example, we recently saved a Manchester-based call centre over £1million per annum!
In addition, Vicidial is highly configurable. With an open source Vicidial system the power to administer your call centre is passed on to you. Need to setup a divert? You can. Need to set up a new voicemail message? You can. The flexibility and power of Vicidial call centre solutions are simply unbeatable once it’s installed and configured by an expert.
Vicidial Pros and Cons
- It’s open source and therefore free to use
- No per-seat costs
- It’s feature rich and stable (well over 10 years of development)
- It runs on Linux and non proprietary hardware
- Extensive API’s, therefore it’s easy interfacing to other systems (CRM etc)
- No more than 25 outbound agents per physical server
- Clustering servers is difficult without expert knowledge
- It’s not pretty and it won’t win any beauty contests
- Data maintenance can be a full time position on larger systems
Vicidial Key Features
- No hidden fees
- Scalable to hundreds of logged in agents
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- No long term contracts
- Includes initial setup support and 60 minutes per month of free tech support (related to the call center solution)
- Dedicated dialling server(s)
- Integrated call recording
- All features available by default
- Inbound, Outbound and Blended call handling
- Guaranteed up to 25 logged in outbound agents at 3:1 ratio per server
- Add additional servers to increase the number of logged in agents
- Three-way calling within the agent application
- Scheduled callbacks: Agent-Only and anyone
- Web configurable IVRs and voicemail boxes
- Outbound agent-controlled, broadcast and predictive dialling
- Virtually limitless campaigns, lists, IVRs, phone accounts, voicemail boxes and user accounts
- Ability to have recordings automatically transferred to an external FTP site
- Ability to have agents operate from almost any internet connected computer
- All hosted settings and configuration are transferable to a customer-owned Vicidial system
- Communal web server and database included
- Full UK regulatory compliance
Technical requirements for a Vicidial Call Centre Solution
Requirements for each agent are fairly low. For each agent within the call centre solution you will require a VoIP enabled phone which can be either a hard or soft phone. (A soft phone is a software application that works through a headset connected to the computer).
Why use Vicidial? Vicidial really works and with the exception of WebRTC can pretty much match systems costing serious money. It gets plenty of support from the open source community, with frequent quality updates. Antheus Telecom is the only official Vicidial partner in the UK. So if you would like to find out more about Vicidial and what it can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.